EGM96: The NASA GSFC and NIMA Joint Geopotential Model
The following files are available from cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov:
in the directory pub/egm96.
- Information of a general nature is placed
in the directory
- The surface gravity data
is located in the directory pub/egm96/gravity/data .
- The gravity field covariance of EGM96 to Degree and Order 70
is available from cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov and is located in the directory pub/egm96/egm96.covariance.
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! The covariance is quite large (104 MB compressed).
A geographical grid of the geoid error (to 70x70), and
a GIF file are also available. Click on the list below to download
- Spherical harmonic coefficients of EGM96 (including the standard deviations):
egm96_to360.ascii ; 5292 kbytes.
- Readme file for the spherical harmonic coefficients
readme.egm96. ; 1.7 kbytes.
- QSST for TOPEX/ERS-1 derived simultaneously with EGM96 gravity
(spherical harmonic solution to 20x20)
sst_egm96_topex_ers1; 11.3 kbytes.
- Readme file for TOPEX/ERS-1 EGM96 QSST
readme.sst_egm96_topex_ers1; 1.9 kbytes.
back to table of contents
back to EGM96 home page